Monday, February 9, 2009

Love is....

realizing that you've made a mistake and being determined to fix it
understanding things that others could never understand
being there when things are rough
putting up with things you should not have too
forgiving again and again and again
realizing you are not perfect and the lord will do the rest
finding the small things
caring enough to do the small things
being willing to give up whatever is necessary
never EVER giving up
learning
love is...what you are willing to give

It has taken me my whole life to understand even this much about love. Not just love towards my husband and son but to my family, friends, neighbors, and so called enemies. (which I suppose at times have been all of the before mentioned) I am not a very forgiving person. I don't let people in to my life because of fear and believe me I fear many things. I have resented and been jealous and very UN understanding.

Yes I am a quiet person and I do hate that quality of myself. It is what causes me to hate so many things because I don't get to understand them. I have chosen at times to handle things the wrong way over and over again. But, I finally feel like in the end I have no choice but to love whoever and whatever is staring me in the face.

I hope I can be more understanding. I hope my family including Matt and Jaxson can forgive me for having such a hard time with things and not handling the situations that have occurred these past three years the way I should have. I hope I handle them well and grow from them from here on out.

If I have hurt you I am sorry. I have no right to judge.

I do not believe that love can make all wrongs right. A wrong is a wrong and that can only be fixed with love through the lord. I do believe however, that love is what helps us to ignore those wrongs and to work through them and love despite them.

I hope I can use my love more wisely.

With Love Happy Valentine's Day

3 comments:

Shanna said...

Thank you for your post. I think that everyone has to go through the lesson of learning how to love more unconditionally, but it's what we do after the lesson that matters. Thanks for the reminder! You are awesome!

Brent's Family said...

Heidi, you have always been an example to me! I think you judge yourself way to hard. You have always loved, you have not aways been treated fairly! That is the beauty of life it is not fair, we become better by how we respond to life's unfair experiences...
Love Dad

one of these days were gonna set this cirus down. said...

yes! i would love to join a photo club! i love people to bounce ideas off of and such! let me know when and where. thanks!

Followers